Geometry and Shape Analysis in Biological Sciences (8-9 June 2017)
Topics covered include geometry and topology of biological shapes, the uniformization theorem, building optimal mapping between shapes and distances in shape spaces.
Our goals are to help you to:
- Understand where geometry and topology play roles in biology
- Define and vizualize biological shapes
- Describe mathematically shapes, and introduce the concept of shape descriptors
- Define how to measure the distance between two shapes
- Learn about the different types of mapping between shapes, and how to compute them
All those topics will be illustrated with many examples.